2.07.2010

Rentry via Handbag

Well hello! For a long time I felt like I didn't really have anything to say, but now I can manage so here goes....

I agreed to make something to donate to a school auction, and here's what I came up with today. The idea for a burlap handbag came from one of my favorite magazines, GreenCraft. This magazine is a really quality publication, from the printing to the projects featured.



I liked the idea turning a free burlap coffee bag into something that I would actually be willing to carry. The pattern is free purse pattern that I made previously as a gift.



I love the side with the text. Love, love, love it! I am going to have a hard time getting rid of this bag.

1 Hour Bag pattern by Ric-Rac
clear green plastic buttons
2 Burlap Coffee bags
Amy Butler blue / chrysanthemum fabric lining
fusible fleece for added stability
Clover Magnetic Snap

4 comments:

keri said...

So cute! I've been loving the burlap bag up-cycled style lately. Isn't this pattern cute?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37638692

Another great way to use up the burlap bags.

Jessica said...

You're blogging! Woohoo. Where did you get the burlap sacks? Is it awful to work with? The bag is super cool.

Jeanne said...

Ooo, I love those bags! Terrific idea!

Ms. Brazil said...

I fell in love with a guy in Huehuetenango once....