8.01.2006

Threesies


Here are applique onesies for a neighbor with a new baby girl. Originally I planned on leaving the raw edges, but the Wonder Under refused to stick effectively, so I used rayon thread to machine embroider the edges. I am somewhat happy with the result because I love the Japanese fabrics, and patches are always cool, it just didn't come out quite as I had intended. I need a more sticky fusible product for applique.

In other news, a lovely weekend was had by us and family and friends on an island, complete with wild turkey sightings and eating Dungeness crab which we caught with a much-too-heavy crab pot (I even did much of the rowing and handling of the pot, but now the live crabs, yikes, that's where I chicken out!)

There was also a fair amount of embroidery completed, and once I finish up a bit of sewing I hope to post pictures.

Onesies Specs
Wonder Under, rayon embroidery thread, Japanese fabric scraps, Carter size 3 months onesies

No comments: