2.08.2007

Happy Red Socks Finished

I took a coworker to the ER this morning for some stitches and a tetanus shot after cutting into his hand with a box knife. That's a nasty one, really, it still makes me shudder. He'll be fine of course. And later in the day I managed to hold my shaking hands still enough to finish these socks!





It's a challenge to photograph one's own feet, so this is as good as it gets! They are a little loose, but I may gift them to someone with bigger feet (after a washing of course) so it all ends well.

Embossed Leaves, from Interweave Knits, Winter 2005 issue, Lornas Laces superwash sock yarn, about 9 days start to finish. I didn't do the specified cast on (the ribbed version of a long-tail cast on wasn't coming out even for me) and I ended with a Kitchener stitch rather than threading the yarn through the last few stitches. As usual, backgound fabric is from Superbuzzy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous! Love that color and love love that pattern! Your feet are so very lucky.

Unknown said...

Those socks look great!

Anonymous said...

Those are supercute! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Perfect for Chinese New Year!

nuttnbunny said...

Great! I, too, am a kitchener stich fan for toe closing over all others!
I'll have to add that pattern to my to-do list.