10.31.2006

Lovely Fall Leaves





Happy Halloween!

I didn't have anyone to take my picture so here is my favorite 4 year old model. This is the third Backyard Leaves I've knit in a year, obviously I love this pattern. I finally got around to knitting this scarf for myself. How happy am I to have this completed? So very thrilled! It's been dang cold out so it will come in handy, and as much as I really enjoyed knitting this, I have so many other things calling my name that I really wanted this finished.

Overall I am very happy with the scarf. I did at times wish the yarn was less splitty, but it's like butter, so snuggly soft that I can't wait to wear it! The only minor quibble is that I stitched the halves together too tightly, making the center seam a little stiff, but really, I don't think anyone would even notice. There must be a messed up stitch or two (or several) even with copious frogging and re-knitting but I haven't spotted it yet. The top picture is closest to the actual color, but the yarn is really a bit deeper red.


Backyard Leaves, pattern from the book Scarf Style, pattern also available in Interweave Knits: Holiday Gifts special issue
Rowan Cashsoft DK (57% extra fine merino, 33% microfiber, 10% cashmere) substituted for the specified yarn (Karabella Aurora 8)
on Clover Bamboo size 6 (circulars, that's what I had handy)
eleven pattern repeats for each half of the scarf
my finished length 54 x 4 1/2 (the pattern specified 78 x 5, but I like something that's not a foot longer than me!)
start to finish, about 22 days! (considering I have previously knit this scarf in less than a week this is pretty dang slow)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty scarf!

Ali said...

gorgeous, and your model wears it well. I am jealous of her coat - why do kids get all the best clothes?

Anonymous said...

Fantabulous! It looks great on your model, and I bet it'll be even better to wear. And you have the Amy Butler coriander fabric to boot. Today is your day!

Anonymous said...

It's lovely!

nuttnbunny said...

So lovely. Might have to add this pattern to my evergrowing list of "musts".

Anonymous said...

Oh my word....I am enchanted by that little one's mouth. The perfect little person mouth....good work Mom. Oh, yes, the scarf was nice also........

Anonymous said...

Did you do something different for the edging? It looks more sculpted. Most of them that I've seen look much more blocky. Square.

Pip

pipandtom.com

Niconixie said...

I would love to try this pattern!