4.15.2007

Tie One On!

Do you suppose that my new neighbors will find me odd if they catch me throwing an apron on their front yard and holding my camera in the air to take a picture? They do have that perfect green unlike our dandelion lawn.



Today was my first time at a Sewing Bee, hosted by Jessica, with Amanda and Sarah in attendance. A talented group of knitters and crocheters taking a stab at some fun and fabulous sewing.



This was the jump start I needed. I have been in a funk and some scheduled crafting was just the thing to snap me out of it. I completed the apron and got halfway through sewing a twirly-skirted dress for my daughter. I guess I sew fast? It never occurred to me, but now I've been told. My usual under-the-gun finish it in one sitting or else style.

I am pretty happy with this one. It's hard to get an accurate color representation, its a pretty vibrant orangey-yellow and pink color scheme. I do like the vivid color combos. There were just enough fiddy details to keep it interesting with the pleats, contrasting trim and towel loop. The pattern directions were pretty wordy for my limited attention span which made me wistful for the simplicity of a diagrammed Japanese sewing pattern. That said, it was all pretty straightforward and painless. This really is more of a hostess apron than a working apron as I would really hate to spill on it. I almost wish I could wear it out but then I'd have put my hair in rollers to complete the look.

Pattern from Amy Butler's In Stitches, Flea Market Fancy and contrasting solid pink cotton fabrics

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous, I love the colors!

erika said...

wow, I think youdid a great job, nice colours, keep on sewing!!

nuttnbunny said...

Rockin! I'm so jealous of the sewing group...

Becca said...

The aprons are beautiful. Melissa sent me over here to look at your vintage patterns. I put up a slideshow on my blog of some of my patterns...so you can look at them too. Your little girl patterns are adorable! I'm sure we could be friends.