6.03.2009

Two Buck Shrug

Rowan Cotton Tape from the thrift store + free Drops Design shrug pattern = a quick knit for only a couple of bucks.




This pattern starts with one sleeve cuff, works up the sleeve and into the body of the shrug with a little short row shaping, and continues up the other sleeve to the cuff. It's meant to be knit flat, with the ribbing around the body picked up and knit last. I knit the sleeves in the round but made no other mods.



My 5 year old daughter was excitedly checking on the progress with hopes of wearing her sweater right away. But when I finished it after about a week, she was disappointed that there wasn't more to the body of the sweater. I guess the whole shrug concept was lost on her. So I stuck it away and forgot about it for a few weeks. But then on Tuesday she was requesting her sweater, so I figured I'd better grab some modeled shots while I could.



I'm afraid these pictures show off her hand-me-down shirt more than the sweater, sigh. My only thought about this shrug is that that the sleeves could be shorter and the 5/6 child's size came out a little snug in my hands. I think I used a US size 8 needle.

89-13 Shrug in Paris from Drops Design

1 comment:

Jessica said...

More super-cuteness. So where's my entirely pink wardrobe to go with my ruffle pants?