2.06.2011

Bed Socks

I sleep in socks and slippers every night. Weird, I know, but I have a nerve pain issue that makes my brain think that my feet are excruciatingly cold, and insulating my feet is the only things that makes it so that I can sleep. So my favorite slippers are falling apart, and I need to knit a new pair, but I figured in the meantime I would try knitting some thick socks.

I started these in mid-January, and they were a fast knit on #6 needles. The only thing that slowed me down was those periods where I didn't knit on them for several days at a time!

This is a free pattern, so I won't quibble too much about the pattern writing, but I will say a few of the directions are a little vague or confusing for first-time sock knitters, but I know enough about socks construction that there weren't any challenges.

These are only moderately warm, so I won't be able to ditch the slippers, but they are comfy and a very cheery bright blue!



Easy Aran Socks (Ravelry Link)
Cascade 220 Superwash
US Size 6 DPNs

No comments: