12.20.2008

So Warm My Hand Are Sweating


Not sized for six year old hands.

I was out in the snow this week wearing some threadbare holey mittens. You know, it took me a long time to realize that I could just knit up some new toasty hand-coverings.

I did a search on Ravelry on Thursday night and settled on a free Vogue Knitting pattern. I grabbed some alpaca blend from the stash in a pretty olivey-green. I finished these up Friday morning and wore them on a 5 mile hike in the snow for provisions. I really did not get cold, in fact these were about as toasty as I could stand. And I love anything with some bobbles and cables, and I don't think that the fuzzy yarn obscures the pattern too much.

I think this would be called an afterthought thumb, and I wouldn't say it's as comfortable as a gusset thumb, but it's not annoying and for a quick knit these mitts make me pretty happy.

Aran Gauntlets
Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Worsted (75% wool, 25% alpaca)
size 8 Clover DPNs

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Another very pretty knit. So happy to see you again.