5.12.2008

Brunswick Knit Kit

I don't think that I've ever blogged about my vintage Brunswick Knit Sweater Kit. With one yard of matching wool fabric for a coordinated skirt! I picked this up online in a lot with two other vintage knit kits about a year or more ago. This is the one that I wanted, as I usually only wear cardigans, and most of my sweaters are from the 1960s or earlier.

The kit contains your choice of four patterns and seven 2oz skeins of sportweight wool. I swatched. I know, when do I ever swatch? Mind you I got bored and made a pretty small swatch. I even blocked it. Since the pattern calls for 5s I swatched on 4s and got gauge. Do I know my knitting or what? I also know that I have never managed to complete an adult sweater, but that doesn't faze me.



These two patterns are in the running. I think I am going for cables. The underarm measurement is just right for me, so I'm not fearing that I'll end up with the batwings that model is sporting. Plus the body is knit in one piece, whee! And see the blue swatch? Such a perfect color for me.

Now if I can just find a longer #4 circular...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

It's going to be awesome. You have to make the skirt!

About Me said...

Go you! I collect these, actually make the skirts (I found a great pencil skirt pattern) and just use modern patterns for the sweaters. I love that they're totally unique.