10.23.2007

Squee!



It's here, my new spinning wheel, wasn't that so fast? I picked up some Corriedale to start with. I think I figured out how to set up the wheel, even without a parts diagram and instruction that may as well have been in Dutch (Uh...I don't really know which part is the lazy kate, the flyer shaft, or the brake band, but bobbin is the one word I know.) And now I just have to get brave enough to get started.

Also, I have belated prizes to give out, remember this post ages ago? Thanks to everyone that commented. And the winners are:

For the most painful tale of pulling an all-nighter (Catching both your wrist and finger in the sewing machine? Aaah! Eek!) Stacy, you win a prize! Please go to Stacy's blog and check out her very cool wallets!

And

Jessica, putting together a Playmobil eleventy-million piece set wins a prize!

And

Jeanne, tales of co-op school obligation wins croissants! Yes, croissants! Plain and chocolate.

Will the lovely winners please email me to claim their prizes? (See my profile for an email address.)

9 comments:

nuttnbunny said...

Oooo!!! I have SERIOUS wheel envy.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your wheel!

Anonymous said...

wow that is so lovely! I found a wonderful Ashford Scholar for only 25$ at a garage sale once. I don't think the people knew how much it was worth. it is an older version that isn't made anymore, but very similar to the one you have, but with one treadle.

Jeanne said...

OMFSM! You like me, you really like me! Thank you! Croissants that I can eat? Have I died and gone to heaven?

Jessica said...

Woohoo! *running victory lap* I'm a winner!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray I'm so happy for you! If you ever need any tips I'm here for you! ;)

Felicia said...

Now that looks like fun!

nuttnbunny said...

The spinning!!! When do we see the SPINNING?!!!!

Kathleen's Chronicles said...

I enjoyed readingg this