12.01.2006

Feeling Like a Four-Time Heel



Two days into the sock and we have a heel. I actually knit this heel a total of four times. First I misread the pattern so I frogged. Then I didn't like the flap heel and I frogged. Then I finished the short row heel and wasn't satisfied, one spot looked a little loose, but then I dropped a stitch anyway (impossible to pick up in that particular spot) and I frogged again. And now that's behind me, phew. Please don't tell me if you see any problems. Do you think I have enough yarn left to make this for a man-sized foot? We shall see...

Note that the true color is not robin's egg blue, it's more of a muted grey-blue, the color is called Denim.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like lorna's, is it? If so they have a ton of yardage so I'm sure you'll make it. I love the simple juxtaposition of cuff and leg, is the pattern from somewhere or did you make it up?

Anonymous said...

I love that sock! My Ukranian neighbour in Chicago used to go on and on about heels. She was a real pro- but they were more functional than beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Ack! This makes me totally ill! How can you do that in two days? It's looking like it will be a wonderful sock, no doubt with a perfectly matching twin. You knitters.....

Anonymous said...

It's very handsome. Nice heel. I'm going to say yes, you've got enough yarn to finish the foot, but purely out of good hope. How long does it need to be?