1.06.2012

A Milk Toof

A few months ago I stumbled upon the My Milk Toof blog, and my younger daughter immediately decided that she needed her own Milk Toof figurine. Unfortunately this is not actually something that one can purchase, and she was very disappointed.

Yesterday was her 8th birthday, and I stayed up late the night before doing my best to craft a Milk Toof out of Fimo. Not actually having Fimo skills, I had a hard time molding the shape I wanted. I was pretty unsure about how long to bake the figurine, and after 35 minutes I pulled it out of the oven and promptly cracked it down the middle. A little patching and I shoved it back in the oven, shut off the gas and went to sleep. A few hours later I got up and dabbed on some acrylic paint for the mouth and eyes. A little sanding smoothed it out a bit, but it's still a bit rough looking.

That said, my daughter loves her Milk Toof, so yay, I'd call it a success, whew!





2 blocks of white Fimo
pink & black cheap acrylic paint

No comments: