10.13.2007

Hey Kids, it's the Latest Installment of Thrift Score!

I was at the thrift store the other day (and no, I'm not telling which one!) and first I spotted this sewing pattern...



And a few minutes later I found these oversize vintage knitting/needlework magazines...



Do you ever have one of those moments where you feel like you're getting away with something and you have to hurry and pay and get out of the store before someone says, wait, it shouldn't be only $1.87 for those things? Yeah, that was me, I didn't even stop to peek inside the magazines!

But now that I have, look at these patterns, how cute! Dozens of pages of fabulous circa 1940 and 1950 knitting patterns, just lovely!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What awesome finds!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sasha. Great score!! Did you put on your best poker face at the cash register? A while back I picked up some patterns for you whilst thrifting- I'll be in Seattle the weekend of Nov 3-I'd like to drop them by...

Anonymous said...

Ah, come on, Sasha, where did you find them, pretty please? Boy, do I remember that feeling.

I just don't get to thrift stores much any more but finds like those cold lure me back into it.

Then, again, I could never finish everything on my To Do list in my lifetime, so maybe I'll leave them for you.

Felicia said...

Excellent score! Love those old magazines.

Anonymous said...

You have the best luck! I go to thrift stores all the time, but don't find stuff like that. I did pick up a vintage pattern bundled with vintage fabric at the Goodwill Vintage sale last weekend though. That was exciting, even though I won't be able to wear it until after I have this baby.