3.06.2007

There Was Some Stitching...

This girl went to a Stitch n Bitch last night (for the first time) and compensated for shyness by being excessively chatty. One of the highlights (in addition to meeting some nice and friendly knitters) was looking at what Sarah was knitting and recognizing it as the baby sweater from the Knitter's Almanac (at first I couldn't name which book it was in but I knew it was by Elizabeth Zimmermann.) I have only ever seen this sweater on Brooklyntweed and Elliphantom Knits and I was pretty excited to see how beautiful it looks in real life!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Sasha, fellow Seattle knitter here. What S'n'b did you attend? I started going to the Wed gathering in Ballard a couple weeks ago but have been disappointed with the lack of turnout (2 knitters in addition to me the firt week and NONE last). Desperately Seeking Knitting. I'd love to meet some friendly and fun knitters so would love to hear where they are hiding! Thanks!

a. said...

hey there - i read your blog but didn't connect the dots... i was there last night, too. i am the token crocheter who was down at the other end of the table. i'm glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

I love that sweater, it's on my must knit list.

Anonymous said...

There are so many groups around the city now. =) I was just thinking of dropping by the Wednesday night group in Ballard again (used to go ages ago), but I never quite get all the way out there for whatever reason.

You are more than welcome to come by the small group I go to on Thursdays up on Capitol Hill (Cafe Vita on Pike). A few of us will be there this evening!

Stacia
www.pipandtom.com